At 2.00 PM our ship docked in Limassol. We said goodbye to Jean Pierre, the third passenger, and waited for the ship’s agent to arrive. Getting off the ship was quite straightforward. The Chief Mate brought our car to the ramp and Alf drove it on to Cypriot soil.
The ship’s agent was very helpful and passed us on to a customs agent who helped us through the formalities – the price was higher because it was a Saturday afternoon. Everybody was helpful and friendly and really welcomed us to Cyprus. Two hours after docking, we were driving way from the port. It was incredibly strange to drive on the left again after seven weeks!
Of course, we were both glad to be off the ship. Whilst the journey by sea was extremely interesting, we had found a cargo cruise a bit too restrictive for us. As we left Limassol on the motorway (freeway) to Paphos, we reflected on the last seven weeks, going over the ups/downs, likes and dislikes etc. The seven week car journey from the UK to Cyprus had taken us to twelve countries: France, Belgium, Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Egypt.
Although the journey has ended, there is still more of the story to be told. So watch this space…
- Arrived in Cyprus the journey ended but the story just beginning… Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our seventh day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our sixth day at sea… Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Slow travel in cargo and small ships – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our first day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our second day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)