Marilyn, Strudel and Cafe Mozart, Vienna, Austria
- Amalfi Coast
- Czech Republic
We left the port of Alexandria, Egypt, whilst we were having dinner. After dinner, we went up to the bridge and were just in time to see the pilot wave farewell from his motorized boat.
Leaving Alexandria, there was a lot of sea traffic but the port of Alexandria itself seemed a bit inactive – perhaps it was because it was a Friday. Coming from the dock area, we heard the call to midday prayers and then again later for afternoon prayers. There seemed to be more bulk carriers than container ships in this part of the Mediterranean.
As soon as we were at sea again everybody’s spirits were up and we sat outside and watched the sun go down. Alf practiced different camera settings to capture the sunset – a friendly American in Sorrento, Italy had given him a few tips on sunset photography.
The night was probably the worst we had experienced with the moans and groans of the structure about our cabin, so much so, that Marilyn decided to sleep on the sofa in the adjacent room and we contented ourselves that this was our last night at sea.
The next morning, we were up early, took breakfast at the usual time of seven-thirty, then explored the happenings of the ship. Much of the cargo had already been unloaded in Greece , Turkey and Alexandria so the top deck which had had hundreds of cars was now completely empty.
Enquiring as to our arrival time in Cyprus, we were politely told that it was unchanged and remains 2.00 PM. Alf has been a bit apprehensive of the disembarkation process as we had no idea where on this thirteen deck ship our car was being kept, a bit like loosing your car in a multi storage car park, but worse! Getting the car through customs we imagine will be a challenge, so we hope that our agent arrives to meet us on time, and helps us through the process painlessly. WATCH THIS SPACE!
- Our sixth day at sea… Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our sixth day at sea… (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Our fourth day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our fifth day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our fifth day at sea… (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Our second day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Arrived in Cyprus the journey ended but the story just beginning… Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our first day at sea – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Slow travel in cargo and small ships – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Our fourth day at sea… (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)