After a short drive of only one and half hours, we arrived in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia. A small but very quaint old town, where everything seems to happen around the old town square. Cafe after cafe, restaurant after restaurant, bar after bar. There are also some quite up market shops along with the usual souvenir shops. The old town square is steeped in history, going back some 700 years. Famous musicians and composers such as Franz Listz, Mozart, Beethoven and Hayden all played here at some time in their careers. The dominant feature is the castle in the hills, this overlooks the old town square. So overall a very pretty setting.
The temperature when we left Vienna was 28 degrees, and we noticed the difference in Bratislava where it was much hotter, especially in the sun.
We are off for a hike today in the hills , but have been warned that the weather is due to change for the worse, so fingers crossed and watch this space!
- Sad to say farewell to Vienna – Marilyn and Alf (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- Sadly it’s time to say farewell to Vienna! – Marilyn and Alf (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Mozart, Strauss and Wiener Schnitzel – Marilyn Oldman (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Mozart, Strauss and Wiener Schnitzel – Marilyn Oldman (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)
- A very special day for Marilyn and Alf in Vienna (alfandmarilyn.wordpress.com)