It’s 5.00 A.M., so what’s different this morning when I wake up in my home in Bath, where we have had many wonderful memories over the last twenty years?
Firstly, I woke up early because I was sleeping on an air-bed that seemed to have lost some air during the night.
Secondly, I wondered into an empty house and remembered that yesterday we had the removers take our personal possessions into store. Despite the rain, it went pretty well and our possessions of twenty years plus just shoe-horned into the removal lorry. There was one moment of panic when we realized that some medication had found its way on to the lorry in a dressing table drawer, so the guys were great about a quick unload in the rain!
Thirdly, I am drinking my tea siting on the floor, laptop on my lap and listening to the familiar sound of the birds’ dawn chorus outside.
Fourthly, I am reflecting on some great memories over the last twenty years in Bath. Yesterday, after the events of the day, we stopped at the Crown in Kelston, for a pint of bitter. I wonder when I shall next taste a good pint of ale?
Fifthly, I realize that the four-day count-down to our departure has begun. Saturday, we take the 6.00 A.M. Dover ferry to the adventure of our lives.
Back to reality, my tea is getting cold and chores beckon..
- The Old Crown, Kelston, near Bath. Butcombe Brewery – Monday Night in Winter? (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Bath Tourism Plus Simon Calder | This is Bath (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Murder on The Nile | Main House | Theatre Royal Bath (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Roman baths A-z Royal Mail stamp | This is Bath (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Yen Sushi Bath UK – Some of the best sushi I have ever eaten (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)
- Winter Walk in Victoria Park Bath UK (dralfoldman.wordpress.com)